Are you looking for the best microphones for recording vocals on your computer? Then you have stepped into the right place. In this guide, I will list all the best microphones for recording vocals that are available in the market right now.
A good microphone is necessary to get the best vocal output for your tracks. Vocals are the main element of any song. If the raw vocal output of your recording is good, then the whole song will sound good.
Using the best microphones will help will many hours of trouble mixing the vocal perfectly. You don’t have to spend your entire night just making the vocal sound perfect.
There are countless microphones in the market, so choosing the best microphones can be challenging. We have already done the research and found only the best microphones for recording vocals on this list.
Our Top Picks Best Microphones For Recording Vocals On Computer
The products are well researched and the only best microphones for recording vocals in the market right now. There is no doubt about the quality of vocals they will provide; it will be enough to fit any track of any genre.
|Neumann TLM 102||Frequency Range : 20Hz-20kHz
Weight : 548g
Dimensions : 11.02 x 7.09 x 4.33 inches
|OUR TOP PICK||Rode NT1-A-MP||Frequency Range : 20Hz-20Khz
Weight : 2 Kgs
Dimensions : 1.97 x 1.97 x 7.48 inches
|OUR BEST PICK||Audio-Technica AT4050||Frequency Range : 20Hz – 18kHz
Weight : 1.6 Kgs
Dimensions : 9.8 x 11 x 4.5 inches
|OUR BUDGET PICK||AKG Pro Audio C214||Frequency Range : 20Hz-20kHz
Weight : 798g
Dimensions : 11.3 x 8.6 x 3.9 inches
|OUR BUDGET PICK||Shure SM7B||Frequency Range : 50Hz – 20kHz
Weight : 1.3 Kgs
Dimensions : 7.47 x 3.78 x 5.81 inches
|OUR BUDGET PICK||Audio-Technica AT4040||Frequency Range : 20Hz-20kHz
Weight : 453g
Dimensions : 11 x 9.8 x 4.5 inches
|OUR BUDGET PICK||Blue Yeticaster||Frequency Range : 20Hz – 20kHz
Weight : 2.3 Kgs
Dimensions : 3.4 x 39.1 x 11.4 inches
|OUR BUDGET PICK||Stellar X2||Frequency Range : 20Hz-18kHz
Weight : 346g
Dimensions : 11.39 x 9.77 x 4.77 inches
|OUR BUDGET PICK||Warm Audio WA-47Jr||Frequency Range : 20Hz – 20kHz
Weight : 499g
Dimensions : 11 x 10 x 6 inches
|OUR BUDGET PICK||Bluebird SL||Frequency Range : 20Hz – 20kHz
Weight : 408g
Dimensions : 1.9 x 1.9 x 8.8 inches
The Neumann TLM 102 Black Cardioid Condenser Microphone is an outstanding microphone for record vocals. With its plug and play mechanism, you don’t have to worry about setting it up.
The Neumann TLM 102 Black Cardioid Condenser Microphone is portable and small in size. With 52mm in diameter and 116mm in length, it becomes effortless to carry it while traveling. Don’t let its small size fool you into thinking about its performance, as the performance of this microphone is outstanding.
The recording of vocals is super crystal clear and crisp. The naturality of vocals and instrumentals doesn’t get lost in this microphone. The vocal input of range 8Hz – 12kHz gets a very finely tuned signature sound from the Neumann.
The Neumann TLM 102 Black Cardioid Condenser Microphone also lets you record vocals with extreme volume and process it dynamic without distortion. This can a very handy feature if you like to record vocal without worrying about the volume.
You can also record your instruments without losing its naturality and signature sound. The result will always be a clean, natural, and detailed sound. This microphone will have no issue with recording drums as well; the bass will be on the point.
It also has a built-in pop shield that will give you a clean vocal recording without any background noise. You have to worry very little about the moving air as it will not disturb your recording at all.
The Neumann TLM 102 Black Cardioid Condenser Microphone looks very elegant, and the built quality is exceptionally good. It is also durable and can be a partner for years.
This microphone will also come with a shock mount, so you don’t have to purchase it separately.
This is one of the affordable microphones from Neumann, but it can be a little costly for people who are just starting out. But if you can afford it, then it will serve your vocals very well.
- The 20Hz-20kHz frequency range will ensure you don’t miss out on anything while recording vocals.
- The elegant look will make anyone fall in love with the microphone.
- The build quality is outstanding, and it is durable enough to last you a couple of years.
- Can Process high volume to dynamic without any distortion.
- Signature sound from frequency range 8Hz – 12kHz will ensure clarity, natural and unique sound.
- The built-in pop shield will give you a clean vocal without any background noise.
The Rode NT1-A-MP Stereo Studio Vocal Cardioid Condenser Microphone is a bestselling microphone from the brand Rode. Used by professionals all around the world for its performance, this microphone is essential for every recording studio.
The vocal recording is extremely transparent and crisp clear. With the highly sensitive microphone, you can record the smallest of the details without losing its characteristics.
The SPL capacity of Rode NT1-A-MP Stereo Studio Vocal Cardioid Condenser Microphone is very high, and this feature is only available on some of the most expensive microphones. A very useful feature to keep the sound in control.
The frequency range of 20Hz-20Khz is very well balanced and lets you record all the frequency ranges comfortably and smoothly. You will have less work while mixing the vocal to fit your mix.
There will be no background hiss sound of air going through the mic because of the pop filter that comes with the microphone. I have used it to record vocals for many tracks of mine, and it was super clear without any noise.
You can also easily record the instruments without any issue. It will capture the best sounds out of your guitar, drum, or percussions. If you want to make your own sample library, then it can do the work perfectly.
The dynamic range of Rode NT1-A-MP Stereo Studio Vocal Cardioid Condenser Microphone is excellent. You can work with all ranges of sound very efficiently.
The quality of Rode NT1-A-MP Stereo Studio Vocal Cardioid Condenser Microphone is outstanding. It feels very premium to touch, and it won’t break easily because of its exceptional durability. You can use them for a couple of years without worrying about spending a penny sometime soon.
You’ll get a shock mount, pop filter, and a dust cover with the microphone. All of these are very useful and will save you some extra money.
- The high SPL capacity will ensure you get the best of performance possible.
- The 20Hz-20Khz Frequency range will cover all the fundamental frequency while recording vocals.
- The quality is very good with it feels very premium to touch.
- The excellent dynamic range will ensure you work efficiently with all sound ranges.
- The durability is exceptionally good, which will make sure you don’t break the microphone anytime soon.
- The vocal sound very natural and clear after recording them with the microphone.
- There is no background noise on the final vocal that is recorded.
The Audio-Technica AT4050 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone is an excellent microphone from the Japanese brand Audio-Technica. This brand needs no introduction in music production as professions widely trust it all around the globe.
The recording quality of both vocals and instruments is very transparent and crystal clear. The highs and mids are very transparent with rich lows, which give the final output a very warm presence in your mix.
The dual-diaphragm capsule design covers all the frequencies with complete precision without missing any single element of the vocal. It will enrich the vocals and provide a very detailed output recording.
The Audio-Technica AT4050 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone comes with three switchable polar patterns – Omnidirectional, Cardioid, and Figure 8. These features are exceptional as it allows you to record voice from all the directions. You can also record a moving audio source with perfection.
There is no background noise in the recording of your vocals as it provides great noise isolation. You don’t have to treat your room in any particular way; the inbuilt isolation is enough to record high-quality vocals.
The Audio-Technica AT4050 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone also has a frequency response of 20Hz – 18kHz. There will be no issue recording any sound of any frequency in the microphone because of the wide frequency range it provides.
The build quality is fantastic, and the durability is excellent. It feels very solid to touch, and the materials used to make this microphone are very premium. You don’t have to worry about breaking it accidentally as it is highly durable.
The microphone comes with an AT8449 shock mount with it. So, you don’t have to spend money on a shock mount.
- The recording quality of voice and instruments are on the next level.
- The dual-diaphragm capsule design helps you to record the sound of any frequency with great precision.
- The three switchable polar patterns – Omnidirectional, Cardioid, and Figure 8 does an excellent job in recording high-quality sound from any direction.
- The final vocal is very high-quality and polished, so you don’t have to spend hours correcting it.
- The AT8449 shock mount is already provided, so you don’t have to purchase one separately.
- The 20Hz – 18kHz frequency response will ensure you get a very detailed and transparent vocal.
The AKG Pro Audio C214 Professional Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone is a top-notch microphone from the brand AKG. The C214 is a budget option for its big brothers C414 XLS and C414 XLII.
This microphone provides an amazing and detailed recording for vocals and instrument recording. The final output vocals will be super clear and transparent with no distortion.
The dynamic range the AKG Pro Audio C214 Professional Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone provides is excellent, and you’ll have no problem working with any sound levels. It will easily adjust and give the space that you need for the vocals.
The microphone is also very good at isolating background noise while recording vocals up to 156dB SPL. If you live in a noisy place, this microphone will give a noiseless final output vocal.
The microphone is a beast when it comes to close-up recording. With a switchable 20dB attenuator, it can give a raw, high-quality output without any boost. The bass-cut filter helps the vocals to sound perfect without any distortion.
The microphone’s design and sonic character are similar to its big brothers C414 XLS and C414 XLII, which are world-famous for their natural and detailed sound. It inherited most of its big brother’s characteristics and will give a similar high quality resulting output.
The quality of the microphone is excellent, with a metallic body that is scratch resistance. You can use it for many years without damaging it because of how the microphone is made.
With a frequency range of 20Hz-20kHz, you can record all the sounds accurately and precisely. The vocal will get recorded naturally because of the wide frequency range it provides.
- The vocal quality is very accurate and natural sounding without any sound modification.
- The microphone’s design looks very premium and stylish and will instantly make a studio look professional.
- The frequency range of 20Hz-20kHz will ensure you record every detail of the sound without losing its natural characteristics.
- The sound isolation of the microphone is excellent and gives you a very clean sounding vocal.
- The quality of the microphone is very good, and the body is fully metallic.
- The microphone is very durable and will easily last many years of use without any issues.
- The microphone also inherits some characteristics from its big brothers XLS and C414 XLII.
The Shure SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Microphone is a premium microphone from the American brand Shure. The microphone is getting a lot of love in the form of 5 Star ratings. Amateurs, as well as professionals all around the globe, are loving it for the features it provides.
The look of Shure SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Microphone is very premium looking with an excellent finish. It will instantly make your studio professional. If you are a bedroom producer, then this will make your small studio elegant.
The quality of the microphone is excellent for vocal recording and voice-overs. The natural and transparent sounding result will always make your voice feel a presence in your overall mix.
With a frequency range of 50Hz – 20kHz, you can control every aspect of the frequencies with great depth and precision. You just have to give a little EQ touch in the DAW to make it fit well in a mix.
The background noise cancellation is brilliant and will serve the purpose very well. There will be zero to no background noise in your final audio output. Although, there will be slight background noise if you use it in a very windy space.
The dynamic range of the microphone is excellent with its dual-tone controls. The good dynamic range gives you control over every aspect of the recording, like space, volume, and the character of the sound.
The rugged construction makes it very durable and good for long term use. This microphone will not get destroyed anytime soon with regular usage.
The Microphone can be rotated 360° giving you the flexibility to use it from any direction and place it anywhere you want. It can be an essential feature if you are planning to do podcasts or interviews.
- The dynamic range of the microphone is exceptionally good and will give you great control over your recordings.
- The premium design makes it look very elegant and professional. It will instantly upgrade the look of your studio.
- The background noise cancellation is on the point and serves its purpose very well.
- The frequency range of 50Hz – 20kHz will give you the flexibility to work with all the frequency range with great precision.
- The microphone can rotate 360°, which is very helpful if you are working with many artists at the same time.
- The microphone is perfect for recording vocals and voiceovers.
The Audio-Technica AT4040 Cardioid Condenser Microphone is another microphone from Audio-Technica. It is very versatile, and the vocal output it provides is very professional sounding.
The Audio-Technica AT4040 Cardioid Condenser Microphone gives a very high-quality sounding vocal with transparent and precise characteristics of its own. It is a perfect choice for vocal recording, voiceovers, and voice dubbing.
The microphone has a large-diaphragm designed primarily for generating a smooth, natural, and transparent sound without losing its sonic characteristics.
There will be very little to no background noise in the Audio-Technica AT4040 Cardioid Condenser Microphone recorded sounds. It can easily handle the background noise and process it in a way that gives zero background noise. The custom shock mount provided will provide the best isolation.
The microphone’s dynamic range is very wide, giving you the flexibility to work with every genre’s vocal artist. It doesn’t matter if the vocal artist has a very dynamic sound; it will easily handle it and give a very high-quality vocal output.
The high-SPL capacity helps the microphone to record voice as accurately as possible. The final output recording will be a very flat and natural-sounding voice with no character loss.
This microphone also has a switchable 80Hz Hi-pass filter and a 10dB pad. These can be very beneficial features for you.
The 20Hz-20kHz frequency response will provide you enough frequency range to work with. It will pick up all the sounds of the frequency range without compressing or modifying the original recording.
- The great design will bring joy to your eyes every day you step inside your studio.
- The high-SPL capacity will cover every single sound coming towards the microphone with complete accuracy.
- The wide dynamic range will give you the flexibility to work with vocal artists of every vocal range.
- The 20Hz-20kHz frequency response will give you control over all the frequency ranges.
- The switchable 80Hz Hi-pass filter and a 10dB pad can be beneficial.
- The custom shock mount provided will give excellent sound isolation.
The Blue Yeticaster Professional Broadcast Bundle is a complete bundle for recording vocals. This is one of the cheapest microphones available for recording vocals.
The Blue Yeticaster Professional Broadcast Bundle is primarily made for streaming, but it can be a good choice for recording vocals as well.
There are four different pickup patterns – cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional, and stereo. These will be very helpful to record audio from all the directions, and you can customize it to your needs.
The microphone is also very easy to use and needs no special skills to operate, making it very beginner-friendly. You just have to plug the microphone into the microphone, and you are done setting it up.
The premium look of the microphone gives it a very professional appearance and
The whole bundle weighs 2.3 Kg in total, so it is quite heavy. But it includes all the essential things you need to start recording professional voice recording right away. The bundle comes with a Yeti USB microphone, Radius III Shockmount, and Compass Boom Arm.
The microphone can also rotate 360°; this feature will be very helpful to work comfortably with many vocal artists at the same time.
- The microphone is very easy to handle and use for beginners with plug and play feature.
- The microphone has four different pickup patterns – cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional, and stereo.
- The complete bundle comes with all the necessary equipment to use out of the box without purchasing anything separately.
- The 360° rotation will enable to work in any surrounding that needs the mic to be rotated with ease.
- The 20Hz – 20kHz frequency response is going to provide the flexibility it needs with the frequency.
The Stellar X2 Large Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser XLR Microphone is an entry-level microphone that is very good for recording vocals. The rating is very high, so you can simply assure people love it.
The circuit of Stellar X2 Large Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser XLR Microphone is a custom-designed and transformer-less circuit. This unique and featured design will ensure it is very tolerant. The circuit board also uses gold traces, which will give the best of performance.
The body of the microphone is full iron. So, the durability of the microphone will be very good. It will last for a minimum of 3 years with easy.
The vocal recording is very accurate and precise because of the use of pure brass capsules. The final vocal output will have no sound modification at all. The sound produced will be crisp, clear, and transparent, with in-depth detailing.
The microphone weighs only 346g, and it can be very easy and portable to carry while traveling. If you are a frequent traveler, then you will love this microphone for its portability.
- The circuit is highly optimized to produce the best vocal possible.
- The design of the microphone looks amazing, and it got an aesthetic look.
- The quality of the microphone is impressive for the budget.
- The capsules are finely tuned and make the sound magical by making it natural and transparent.
- The microphone is very easy to carry as it weighs only 346g.
- The 20Hz-18kHz frequency response is enough to record every sound precisely.
The Warm Audio WA-47Jr Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone is an exceptionally good microphone for recording vocals from the brand Warm Audio.
The Warm Audio WA-47Jr Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone comes with three switchable polar patterns – Omnidirectional, Cardioid, and Figure 8, which gives the insane level of flexibility while recording your vocals from many directions. They also help you experiment with different recording techniques.
This microphone provides a very detailed and high-quality vocal sound. The output sound will need very little to no modification to fit it in any mix. The vocal recording is crisp, clear, and on the point without any fake boost or cut.
They are also excellent for recording instruments and other percussions. If you plan to record and make your own samples, this microphone will do that just fine.
The quality of Warm Audio WA-47Jr Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone is very good and the material used is pure metal. The pure metal will ensure you don’t break the microphone accidentally anytime soon.
The sound isolation is very good, and it can record any sound from a distance of 2-4 meters without any background noise. This microphone is a perfect fit for you if you live in a windy place.
The microphone can record vocals from 360° without any compromise in quality and distortion.
I have previously used it to record my acoustic guitar, and the sound was super accurate with every detail present on the output sound.
For the price range, this microphone will serve every purpose ranging from recording vocals to instruments perfectly. The output sound from every source will be clear and transparent.
- The microphone can be used to record vocals as well as instruments.
- The sound quality of the microphone is crystal clear and transparent. The vocal recording will not lose its characteristics at all.
- The noise isolation is very good and on the point. It will cut all the background noises very accurately.
- The microphone is very cheap for the performance it gives.
- The built quality is very good, and the body is metal.
- The 20Hz – 20kHz Frequency Response will make sure you don’t lose any important element of the vocal.
The Blue Microphones Bluebird SL Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone is yet another microphone from the famous brand Blue. This microphone provides an excellent sound record for vocal and instruments.
The Blue Microphones Bluebird SL Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone captures the high-quality, detailed, and deep voice with complete precision. The vocals are perfect and ready to sit in a mix with little modifications. The hand-build capsule makes it sound accurate.
The dynamic range of the microphone is very good and wide. This microphone can handle vocals of all ranges without losing its natural and sonic characteristics.
The Blue Microphones Bluebird SL is a perfect choice for live performance as well. The switchable 100Hz high-pass filter along with -20dB pad gives you the power to record every single sound source with great flexibility and precision. The vocal character of the singer will not get lost while using this microphone.
The built quality of the Blue Microphones Bluebird SL is excellent, and the whole body is made of metal. The full metal will ensure you use the microphone for years without damaging them.
This microphone looks unique and classy from all the other microphones on the list. It will genuinely give your studio the professional and unique touch that it needs. Yes, you can get all the likes on Instagram.
The frequency response of 20Hz – 20kHz will provide you all the flexibility and control over the frequency range. As a result, you will get a flat and precise vocal recording with very little modification needed to fix it in the mix.
You can also use the microphone to record instruments with great and deep details. The drums, guitars, and piano will sound extremely good without any clash of unnecessary sound.
The background noise gets completely removed while recording vocals and instruments. You don’t have to work on removing the background noise separately.
The final vocal output will be free clean.
- The microphone is very classic and elegant looking. It will give a professional look that is needed to get all those Instagram likes.
- The switchable 100Hz high-pass filter along with -20dB will capture the vocals with great details and precision.
- The frequency response of 20Hz – 20kHz will cover all the sound elements with flat in-depth details.
- The build quality of the microphone is extremely good, and the durability is perfect.
- The vocal recording quality is very crisp, clear, and transparent.
- You can use the microphone for recording vocals as well as instruments with great clarity.
- The background noise gets completely removed while recording vocals of any range.
I have mentioned all the best microphones for recording vocals on the computer in this article. This list is well researched, and the microphones are outstanding. The performance they provide is excellent. They are very cheap for the performance they deliver.
You’ll have an enjoyable time working with them as they all got a very stylish look. If you want your studio to look more professional, then these microphones will indeed serve you well.
If you have any doubts about buying the best microphones for recording vocals on your computer, then leave your comments below.
You can also check out other articles: