Microsoft OneNote is a extremely efficient, free software for capturing virtually something. You’ll be able to take digital or handwritten notes; create a fast sketch; and arrange every part into notebooks, sections, and pages. That is not it. It’s also possible to add photographs, diagrams, audio, video, and different content material.
OneNote is very helpful for office productiveness. And so, when you have varied objects to recollect, a number of duties to finish, and sudden concepts, OneNote is the best software to file and arrange them. Listed here are a couple of methods OneNote may help you be extra productive at work.
1. Use Fast Notes to Save Your Greatest Concepts
OneNote has a built-in function to gather the sudden work-related ideas that matter. It is known as Fast Notes. Consider Fast Notes as one of many many capabilities that aid you take better notes with OneNote.
When utilizing OneNote on a PC, press the Alt + Home windows key + N. Doing that opens up a small typepad inside OneNote. Simply kind out your thought and shut the window. It mechanically saves no matter you write, protecting your good concepts in a single place.
Fast Notes is a greater possibility in the event you’re bored with jotting factors down on scraps of paper after which shedding them. Once you need to view your Fast Notes later, you should use the notebooks dropdown tab on the high of your display screen.
2. Combine With Outlook for Challenge Administration
To make use of OneNote as a challenge administration software, you should combine it with Outlook. Outlook already has a challenge administration function by way of the Duties part. You’ll be able to open a person process and write a word about it, however the note-taking skills inside Outlook are fairly restricted.
Fortunately, you’ll be able to integrate Outlook and OneNote for project management in a couple of seconds. Comply with the below-given steps to combine OneNote with Outlook:
- In Outlook, go to File > Choices and choose the Add-ins possibility.
- Then, discover the Handle part on the backside of that window that features a dropdown record. Click on the Go… button to the fast proper of the dropdown.
Tick the checkbox named OneNote Notes about Outlook Objects and click on the OK button.
Subsequent, open OneNote and create sections for the totally different challenge administration duties you oversee each day.
- Swap to Outlook and click on the Outlook Duties icon and begin creating totally different duties.
- Now, choose all of the duties and click on the Ship to OneNote possibility.
- OneNote then asks the place to position the duty. Choose one of many sections in your process administration pocket book. Then, click on OK.
Keep in mind that every part represents a challenge in your process administration pocket book, and that every web page is a process. Now you can freely make notes in OneNote related to your Outlook duties.
3. Use OneNote to Create Your Personal Cliff Notes
Cliff notes are top-of-the-line methods to retain a abstract of an extended work rapidly. And the most effective factor about OneNote is that it lets you create custom-made cliff notes very quickly.
Begin by making a pocket book to mirror the e book’s title or selecting one other title to assist establish it. Then, search for the Add Web page button on the highest proper facet. It has a plus signal (+) to the left of it. Make every new web page mirror a chapter within the e book.
Alternatively, create subpages for subjects lined in a chapter and depend upon the parent-child organizational construction. Look on the proper facet of the OneNote display screen and click on on the chapter web page. Discover the small arrow subsequent to the New Web page button. Click on it to create a brand new web page under the present one.
Then, right-click on the brand new web page and click on Make Subpage. Now you’ll be able to simply save and arrange every part you study in your cliff notes.
4. Use It to Make All Your To-Do Lists
Not surprisingly, OneNote is a improbable record app. You’ll be able to even use keyboard shortcuts to make checklists swiftly. These worthwhile lists information you thru your workday, lowering the probability of forgetting one thing. Comply with these steps to make use of OneNote as your To-Do record software:
- Open a web page in your pocket book and kind the primary process in your guidelines.
- Then, spotlight it and press Ctrl + 1 in your keyboard. That shortcut provides a checkbox to the left of what you typed.
- Need to name consideration to an particularly vital process? Spotlight the vital process, and press Ctrl + 2 on the identical time to begin it.
- You may additionally need to separate duties into bulleted lists. That is a handy technique in the event you really feel pulled in all instructions and need assistance focusing. Use Ctrl + . (interval) to create a bulleted record.
There are a lot of different methods to work with lists in OneNote, however these keyboard shortcuts alone get you off to a robust begin. In order for you a extra strong to-do record setup, try how to use OneNote as a to-do list.
5. Sharing and Collaboration
After capturing and organizing your notes, you’ll be able to instantly share them with your mates, coworkers, and crew members.
For sharing a pocket book, you should navigate to File > Share and select the required choices. Alternatively, click on the Share button on the high proper nook. Microsoft OneNote supplies three totally different strategies for sharing your notes.
- Share Total Pocket book: In case you want to share your whole pocket book with a selected individual, you should first acquire that individual’s electronic mail handle. Then, you’ll be able to simply grant the receiver modifying or viewing permissions.
- Copy Hyperlink to Pocket book: If you wish to share your pocket book with many individuals in your group, you’ll be able to ship them a hyperlink unique to your pocket book.
- E mail Copy of Web page: This is a wonderful solution to share a single web page with out disclosing the contents of your whole pocket book. As soon as you choose this selection, the default electronic mail shopper will open, permitting you to pick out recipients and ship a duplicate of the chosen OneNote web page.
No matter the way you select to share, you’ll be able to take away entry at any time from the Handle Entry… settings.
6. Assembly Notes
Taking efficient notes through the assembly is important in case you are required to ship a gathering abstract throughout lengthy conferences. The nice factor is that OneNote makes it easy to gather concepts and file assembly minutes rapidly. Comply with the steps under to create assembly notes in OneNote:
- Add a brand new part to your current OneNote pocket book.
- Navigate to Dwelling > Assembly Particulars and select the specified assembly from the dropdown menu.
- It’s going to mechanically fetch all of your assembly particulars for you and show them within the present part. Now you’ll be able to start taking notes underneath the Notes heading.
- When you’re achieved, you’ll be able to share the assembly notes straight by way of the Share button on the high proper nook.
OneNote is undoubtedly greater than a easy note-taking software. You need to use it to trace assembly minutes, motion objects, and different assembly outcomes in a single location. Accordingly, even when a crew member can not attend the assembly, they’ll keep knowledgeable by way of the assembly notes.
7. Create Wiki Hyperlinks to Arrange Initiatives
What makes OneNote exceptional is that it will probably function an all-in-one hub for any content material, equivalent to your work-related photographs, movies, tables, handwritten notes, and so on.
As well as, you should use OneNote’s sections and pages to create a pretty challenge wiki. And since OneNote is totally searchable, you’ll be able to all the time discover what you are searching for utilizing the search operate.
A well-designed Wiki can help your group in changing into extra organized. Due to this fact, you must strive it and keep on high at work. Take a look at our article on creating a Wiki with OneNote in the event you’re searching for help.
8. Use Spreadsheets With OneNote
For example you need to add notes to your Excel information and preserve monitor of it multi function place. So, how’ll you do it? Thankfully, OneNote makes it easy to combine with different Workplace packages like Excel. Therefore, you’ll be able to rapidly import your Excel spreadsheet into your OneNote pocket book. It will aid you mix Excel’s information options and OneNote’s note-taking performance in a single place.
There are a number of strategies for embedding your spreadsheet. This is a simple one to get you began:
- Open OneNote and navigate to the Insert tab.
- Select Desk > New Excel Spreadsheet so as to add a brand new spreadsheet.
- It’s also possible to click on Spreadsheet > Current Excel Spreadsheet to insert an current spreadsheet.
- On the following display screen, you’ll be able to choose to insert a chart, desk, or a complete spreadsheet.
When you have got completed making all the required modifications to your Excel spreadsheet, solely then do you have to embed it into OneNote. It is because modifications made in OneNote is not going to be mirrored within the authentic Excel file, and vice versa.
Use OneNote Successfully and Be Extra Organized
OneNote is a really highly effective software for getting extra achieved at work. The deeper you dive into its options, the extra you uncover the way it can improve your and your crew’s productiveness.
By utilizing the strategies talked about above, you’ll be able to rapidly advance issues at work. Additionally, OneNote isn’t restricted to the office; college students and academics also can use it to extend productiveness.